Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

National Scrabble Day: Scrabble Cakes

Today is Scrabble Day. I'm addicted to Scrabble. I love words, so Scrabble has always been apart of my life. I even had a mini-scrabble game that I carried when I backpacked across Europe many years ago. That was pre-internet, pre-game devices. I now have an iPad, and, of course, I have Scrabble on it. I play most every day--against the computer. So, if you're like me, you'll love this medley of Scrabble Cake photos I found on the Internet. Full disclosure: none of them are mine, but I identify them and list the source. Let me know if you've made a Scrabble Cake or saw one at a party. Love to include your photos!

This unique Scrabble wedding cake was made for a bride and groom who played Scrabble together over the internet while he was stationed in Iraq. K, worth five points, was at the top because both the bride and groom have names starting with K. I love this cake from the PinkCakeBox Blog.

And a few more:
From MySweetandsaucy.com
 From Sweetthings-Toronto comes two Scrabble Related items:
A Wedding Cake and Cupcakes.





And, from Mindylong.com come photos of this Scrabble Cake for Word Lovers from the National Capital Area Cake Show:



And, from CakeCentral comes this Birthday Cake spelling out greetings for an 80th Birthday:


Happy Scrabble Day!

2 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

I LOVE these cakes, and wish I had my Scrabble game with me instead of at the other house. The cupcakes are very cool. I'm going to have to try to make some to serve at our next game night. Great post!

Anonymous said...

Great looking cakes!