Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

KING LOUIE'S BANANA BOATS

The weather promises to be warm and beautiful this weekend, so I thought I'd post this fun recipe for King Louie's Banana Boats from one of my 'Theme" Cookbooks: Cooking with Mickey and Friends by Pat Baird.  You'll go Ape over These. They're fun to make with the kids.

Since we barbecue all year round, I often make these on the grill, but you can just as easily follow the directions and make them in the toaster oven.

And, as Mickey reminds us, Bananas are a good source of potassium and carbohydrates. Use a good dark chocolate (broken up) or high quality dark chocolate chips, and you're adding antioxidants. You can make your own marshmallows, too, or not :-) You'll love King Louie's Banana Boats.  You'll want to make more than one!



3 comments:

yummychunklet said...

Ha! Yum!

~~louise~~ said...

Oh how utterly cute, Janet! I have to check my Cooking With Mickey books, I'm not sure if I have the one with this recipe!

Thanks so much for sharing...

What's Baking?? said...

Anything has got Chocolate in it, I'm game for it! Thanks for sharing this simple to do recipe. :)