Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

National Croissant Day: Chocolate Croissants

I was going to skip posting today since I just did a review of Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissants, but since I had some this morning, I thought I'd put up some links. As I mentioned in the TJ Chocolate Croissant post, they're simple to make and delicious to eat! Keep them in the freezer, but take them out the night before so they can rise. You'll love them! I've added some other links to Croissant recipes I've posted or noted.

And, I've added a recipe from RealSimple for Croissant and Chocolate Bread Pudding. Heavenly!

Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissants review

Julia Child's Croissant Episode from The French Chef

Make Your Own Chocolate Croissants

Croissant and Chocolate Bread Pudding
from RealSimple, January 2009

Ingredients
Sweet Butter (for the baking dish)
6 large egg yolks
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon Madegascar vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 croissants, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 pound)
4 ounces dark chocolate (65-85 % cacoa/fair play), cut into chunks

Directions
Heat oven to 375° F.
Butter 8-inch square or other shallow 2-quart baking dish.
In large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, salt, & nutmeg. Add the croissants and chocolate and mix to combine.
Transfer mixture to tprepared baking dish and bake until set and knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.

2 comments:

Yummy said...

How did I miss this celebration day? Yum!

Janet Rudolph said...

Hi, Yummy, every day is croissant day at my house :-)